The Type 1 Diabetes Self-Care Manual: A Complete Guide to Type 1 Diabetes Across the Lifespan for People with Diabetes, Parents, and Caregivers by Jamie Wood, Anne Peters Requirements: .MP3 reader, 223 MB Overview: The Type 1 Diabetes Self-Care Manual: A Complete Guide to Type 1 Diabetes Across the Lifespan for People with Diabetes, Parents, and Caregivers offers practical, evidence-based, and common sense help for people with type 1 diabetes and their caregivers.For the close to 1.5 million people with type 1 diabetes in the United States alone and their family and friends, this book will help them understand the effects of type 1 diabetes, not just when diagnosed but throughout their lifespan. Dr. Jamie Wood and Dr. Anne Peters, two of the most respected and sought-after endocrinologists, provide an easy-to-follow narrative on all aspects of the disease. The Type 1 Diabetes Self-Care Manual will be the go-to reference for everyone touched by type 1 diabetes. Genre: Audiobooks > Non-Fiction
The Sapphire Eruption by I.M. Redwright (The Sword’s Choice #1) Requirements: .ePUB reader, 557 KB Overview: Four kingdoms in a fragile truce around the Void. Four weapons, each emblazoned with the sacred power of one of Earth’s elements—air, water, fire, earth. Each weapon forged with the mythic power to choose the heir to its throne.
In a lost village in the Aquadom, young Noakhail arduously trains to learn the art of the sword. As a baby, on a day the sky turned red, Noakh was chosen to be the Ascendant Phoenix, king of Firia, the Fire Kingdom—a fate he remains unaware of. His parents missing, he lives as an outcast with Lumio, his stepfather, until the day Lumio gives him one of the two legendary fire swords whose powers have chosen Noakh to be the heir to Firia. For the time has come for Noakh to return to his homeland to claim the throne.
Even as Noakh begins his ascendency, a bevy of young, impatient princesses in the Aquadom—the queendom of water—perform the daily sword ritual: one day the water sword shall choose which princess will become the Lacrima, the rightful heiress of the queendom. Everyone expects the honor will fall to the eldest sister, Katienne. After all, she is just like her mother the queen. But will she be the sword’s choice? And whomever the sword chooses, how will the new heiress address the rising threat of Noakh’s ascendancy? Genre: Fiction > Sci-Fi/Fantasy
His Other Uniform by Philippa Attwood (Secret Soldier Series Book 1) Requirements: .ePUB reader, 299 kb Overview: Theon O’Donoghue had it pretty good. He had parents who loved him, friends who respected him, and a dream career in the military on the horizon after graduating from high school. After successfully joining the U.S. Army and spending the next few years serving, his military career is suddenly cut short while on his last mission of the tour. All hope is lost of ever gaining it back, as is his former easy-going, happy, upbeat demeanour. Nothing as far as he could see, would return him back to the man he used to be. As far as he was aware of.
Kenna Bouchard never had a slow or boring day as an on-call ER nurse. Not ever. You name it, she’s seen and treated it. Days often blurred and nights became longer than the river Nile, sometimes seeming that they’d never end. One night in particular though, would change two lives forever. Tasked with attending to a gruff, yet vulnerable cowboy, Kenna knows in her gut this won’t be the last they’ll see of one another.
Ashamed of his new self, Theon thwarts all of Kenna’s attempts to help him, and she’s only got so much patience to spare before she renders him the lost cause he believes himself to be. No one is a saint.
Will Theon succeed in driving out the one person determined to help him find himself again? Or will Kenna do the impossible and save the soldier who was usually the one doing the saving?
There can only be one winner. Or maybe, they’ll both win together as one. Genre: Fiction > Romance
The Daytimers: The Beginning by Wayne Schlicht Requirements: .ePUB reader, 266 KB Overview: After years of enduring brutal economic sanctions imposed by the United States, North Korean workers are in revolt. Fearing an overthrow, the supreme leader of North Korea retaliates against the United States by launching a sophisticated cyber and biological attack.
The North Korean attack triggers a nightmare scenario where American and Canadian cities are plagued by a deadly viral outbreak causing the infected to be hyper-aggressive.
As the effects of the virus outbreak accelerate, services provided by the police, fire, and medical departments are overwhelmed to the point where they completely breakdown.
Survival in America now depends on bartering with unpredictable gangs during the day for basic necessities. At night, they will come. They always do. Survivors must defend themselves against endless packs of nocturnal carnivorous predators.
Follow the uninfected Daytimers through their harrowing journey to save themselves and possibly the country in this post-apocalyptic thriller. Genre: Fiction > Sci-Fi/Fantasy
Epic Measures: One Doctor. Seven Billion Patients. by Jeremy N. Smith Requirements: .MP3 reader, 276 MB Overview: Moneyball meets medicine in this remarkable chronicle of one of the greatest scientific quests of our time – the groundbreaking program to answer the most essential question for humanity: How do we live and die? – and the visionary mastermind behind it.Medical doctor and economist Christopher Murray began the Global Burden of Disease studies to gain a truer understanding of how we live and how we die. While it is one of the largest scientific projects ever attempted – as breathtaking as the first moon landing or the Human Genome Project – the questions it answers are meaningful for every one of us: What are the world’s health problems? Who do they hurt? How much? Where? Why? Genre: Audiobooks > Non-Fiction
The Beatrice Stubbs Boxset Three by JJ Marsh (#7-9) Requirements: .ePUB Reader, 991 KB Overview:Read yourself away with another fast-paced trio of Beatrice adventures in a set. Beatrice Stubbs, now retired from Scotland Yard, doesn’t believe in slowing down. And so her constant appetite for justice attracts new clients from every corner of Euroland. But will the private eye remember that she is no longer a cop? Genre: Fiction > Mystery/Thriller
7. Snow Angel: "Old secrets, new lies" Visit Devon in Winter, where a tight-knit community of quirky villagers mourn the death of a local celebrity. Or do they? Beatrice is astonished when she discovers almost everybody hated him…
8. Honey Trap: "Chaos and order is a matter of taste" A chef is dead, and secret recipes of the Neapolitan gourmet temple are served across the continent. Beatrice and friends arrive in southern Italy to set a bittersweet trap for the murderous mole.
9. Black Widow: "Beware the female of the species" Chasing a ruthless clan from Budapest to Paris and Bordeaux, Beatrice and her unexpected assistant bite off more than they can chew. Who hides behind the facade of haute couture, grand hotels and perfumeries – spinning a deadly net ready to contract any moment?
Reversed Retellings: The Complete Collection by Aya Ling (#1-3) Requirements: .ePUB Reader, 1.0 MB Overview: Three full-length novels. Three gender-swapped couples in retellings of The Twelve Dancing Princesses, Beauty and the Beast, and Sleeping Beauty. Three stories woven into an intricate, continuous plot with a grand finale. Pick up the Reversed Retellings boxset today! Genre: Fiction > Sci-Fi/Fantasy
1. Till Midnight Can a poor shoe cobbler save twelve princes from a terrible curse? The twelve princes of Savony are a mystery. They rarely go out, refuse to marry, and disappear every fortnight, only to reappear with bruises and cuts. When Alix, a poor shoe cobbler, is enlisted to help mend the princes’ boots, she is asked to investigate the princes’ mystery in exchange for extra coin. Soon, she finds that the greatest danger isn’t getting caught by the handsome eldest prince, Theo, but the unspeakable terror that will threaten the safety of the entire kingdom.
2. The Beast and the Beauty How can a woman cursed to look like a beast make a handsome prince propose marriage? Sybil de la Roche was once the belle of the court. Now she is more hideous than any woman in the kingdom. To restore her beauty, she must receive a marriage proposal. Forty years and twenty-eight rejections later, she decides to break the curse on her own. But when a personable young man arrives, she is torn between hope and dread. Prince Gerald is widely renowned as the best-looking man in Savony. On a quest to find a mage who has disappeared for years, he is stranded at a remote manor in a snowstorm. His interest is piqued by the mysterious woman in the manor, but his desire to get to know her is foiled by her determination to avoid him.
3. The Cursed Prince Can a disabled mage save a prince from a terrible fate? When she was fourteen, Gabi promised she’d do anything to protect Prince Alrik of Arksar. Including falling in love with him, in case true love’s kiss is needed to break the curse. But six years later, Alrik hasn’t expressed interest in any woman. He is content to flirt, but never showed a strong attachment for anyone. And now the witch who cursed him has returned after years in exile… Time is also running out in Savony, where trolls have broken out from underground, terrorizing the castle. More help is needed to defeat the trolls, but with half the mages tasked to protect Alrik, how will Alix, Sybil, and the princes band together and save their kingdom from an unprecedented crisis?
Hashtag Magic series Box Set by J. Steven Young (#1-3) Requirements: .ePUB Reader, 2.3 MB Overview: Hashtag Magic is an Urban Fantasy series Read Books 1-3 now. Genre: Fiction > Sci-Fi/Fantasy
1. Blue Screen of Death Colby regains a magical gift he never knew he lost in the first place. His reawakened power draws more enemies than the bullies he faces daily in school. There’s no time to learn the complicated rules of his magic. Colby creates a technological solution that merges magic with his mobile devices.
With the help of his quirky family and friends, Colby faces down new challenges. The magical world collides with modern times and technology. Ancient creatures are drawn to the boy with a new magic. A boy who must learn to accept himself if he hopes to control the forces battling within and without.
Caught in the middle of a war that has waged since the beginning of time, Colby and his friends must learn to fight back, and learn fast. Not everything is how it appears and the battle to survive won’t be an easy one, but Colby has no choice if he wants to withstand what’s coming.
2. Control – ALT – Delete Magic is growing in the world and Colby Stevens is beginning to find that there are those around him who wish to use his connection to the source for their own ends.
Although Colby has Hashtag Magic, he still has issues with self-doubt and emotional baggage that prevents him from reaching his full potential. Without a firm grasp on his natural gifts and the rules of magic, Colby has to rely on his magic app. But now that app has become unstable and he is forced to adapt, developing a new side to his natural gift.
Current bonds of friendship and loyalty are tested, while new ones form in the most unexpected people. Colby and his friends finally take the first step in discovering where magic comes from and why they are so special, but the evil forces are growing stronger and more bold.
While tracing the source of the blue screen of death, the kids discover a connection that is close to home. If they are to prevail, Colby must face a deeper side of himself and learn who to trust and who is the enemy. With a new source of answers held within a magical journal and the growing powers inside him, Colby follows the path his father left behind. A path that Colby must follow if he wishes to find and rescue his long-missing father.
3. Web of Trolls The creatures of nightmare have shown themselves and there is no hiding the truth of their threat. Colby and his friends narrowly escaped capture in Mexico. Now they are back in Chicago and nearing the end of the spring break when an attack in the assumed safety of the Stevens’ home has left Colby’s mother in danger and the kids on the offense. They are taking the fight to the Shizumu in their virtual world prison, the Shiznet.
In the realm of their enemy, the kids must fight a virtual reality unlike the role-playing of a game. This is no game and their enemy is playing for keeps. They’ll face angry birds that force them into a trap where they will be separated and trolled until they give up what the adversary wants. They will have to overcome their fears and self doubt to triumph and save Colby’s mother, getting them one step closer to finding Jarrod Stevens and reunited the family. But fighting amongst themselves may threaten their chances of success.
The Milan Job by Krista Cagg (The Williams Hunt #1) Requirements: .ePUB reader, 534 KB Overview: Meet Captain Alexandria de Sade, the proud and once loyal captain of Naviwerks chrono-ship #25. When she learned the truth about how the company was fleecing their customers she turned her back on the promotion they offered her, left the man she loved without a word, and disappeared with her ship.
With a plan in mind to undermine Naviwerks’ business of artifact and heirloom retrieval, Captain Alex hired on several like-minded misfits to crew her chrono-ship which she re-christened The William’s Hunt. They are: An awkward but genius Horotech, an irascible ex-marine, a flamboyant playboy, a churlish physician, and a hot-shot pilot.
Their first venture: go to Milan, Italy 1490 and retrieve the working model of Leonardo da Vinci’s Gran Cavallo before Naviwerks does. What should have been a simple snatch and run mission for the newly formed band of pirates goes south nearly immediately. In their struggle to recover, they learn that there is much more behind Naviwerks’ actions. Captain Alex and the crew of The William’s Hunt are the only ones that stand a chance of putting things right,and it seems as if her crew’s every step takes them deeper and deeper into discovering just how nefarious Naviwerks truly is. Genre: Fiction > Sci-Fi/Fantasy
NYC Expocalypse series by Jon Frater (#1-2) Requirements: .ePUB Reader, 598 KB Overview: Jon Frater is the pen name of Jonathan Frater, who is the Technical Services Librarian at Metropolitan College of New York. Jon has been writing science fiction for years but has been slowly bringing his longer fiction into the hands of new readers. He’s written articles on library science for Scarecrow Press and MacMillan, and has most recently contributed to Samuel Peralta’s Future Chronicles series in Gamer Chronicles. Jon lives in Queens, New York, with his family and too many cats. Genre: Fiction > Sci-Fi/Fantasy
1. The Taste Makers Wall Street crashes for the last time as a Food Network entrepreneur and his crew struggle to survive the unravelling horror of his latest venture.
A rash of murder-suicides ravage daily life as food preparation becomes a devastating weapon that knows no borders or boundaries, under the influence of forces beyond science.
As cursed novelty knives turn foodies into homicidal maniacs and a unknown blight destroys crops, the emerging elite horde supplies as cities become death traps and the countryside starves.
The Wolf of Wall Street meets Friday the 13th as financial sharks deal with demonic slashers, backstabbing greedheads, and a sea of their past victims in a bloody conflict where only the ruthless can survive.
2. Greenstreets Julie Meyers is having a bad week. After defeating the Broadway Bull the former Hungry Corp. sales jock thought that fleeing New York City on a borrowed yacht with a few allies would be a quick path to freedom. Just head north on the Hudson River and leave the end of the world behind. But the Hungries neither forgive nor forget and Julie is still in their cross hairs.
Faced with an evil she can’t truly comprehend much less combat, all she wants now is to get home to her terminally ill mother and find some peace before the world ends.
Roving hordes of Slicers, opportunistic survivalists, and Black Hand soldiers stand in her way while a new player, hand-picked by Anatole Hunger, is gathering his power to wipe her off the board for good.
Now she must lead a ragtag band of fugitives—surviving co-workers, a wounded sea captain, a rogue NYPD detective, a fifth-grade gymnastics class and their helicopter parents—through the streets of New York City to safety.
If she fails, not only will she and her charges die, but the soul of the city she calls home will be lost forever…