Knots 3D v6.3.0
Requirements: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Overview: Tie, untie and rotate more than 100 knots with just your finger! Knots 3D will give you a whole new perspective on knots! Grab a rope and have fun!
– 1 Reference App in 75 Countries*
– Included in Scouting Magazine’s "Ultimate List of Scouting Apps" and featured twice in the Trek Tech section (Sep/Oct ’12 and ’14 issues)
Have you ever wondered what a knot looks like rotated 40° or maybe 90°? Or maybe you want to see what a Trilene knot or Constrictor knot looks like from the back? Use your finger to spin the knot and see how it looks from any angle in 3D!
Choose from 118 different knots and see how they’re tied in incredible detail. Watch the knot draw itself or use your finger to tie and untie the knot. Its easy to see where the virtual rope goes in and out and around. (Something about a rabbit and a hole and a tree right? ) Zoom in on the knot to get a closer look or flip it around for another perspective. Can your old school knot app do that?!
Product Features and Functions
– Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch (Universal App)
– High res graphics for retina displays
– Learn to tie 118 unique knots
– Watch knots tie themselves and pause or adjust the speed of the animation at any time
– Rotate knots in 360 degree, 3D views to study them from any angle
– Zoom in on a knot to see it in greater detail
– Interact with the knot on screen via multi-touch gestures such as pinch-to-zoom and swipe to tie/untie.
– Browse knots by category or search by name
– Completely self contained — No internet required!
– 100% localized for over a dozen languages: English, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish!
Each 3D knot has detailed reference information including tying pointers, strength and reliability, structural info, and Ashley reference numbers (ABoK) and occasionally the history behind the knot.
The knots are arranged by both Category (Boating, Climbing, Fishing, Scouting, etc) and Type (Bend, Loop, Stopper, etc). If you find a knot you like or want to come back to later, add it to your Favorites list for quick reference.
What’s New :
– New knots: Japanese Square Lashing, Kreh Loop, Lighterman’s Hitch
We’ve been busy making the best knot app better! Many of the knot models have been upgraded with the following improvements:
– 8, 16, and 24 strand rope with dozens of new photorealistic textures and patterns
– More realistic metal rings, wood poles, carabiners, fish hooks, etc
– Smoother animations