Maximum Effort by Vincent Formosa Requirements: .ePUB reader, 625 KB Overview: It is the autumn of 1941 and the war is not going well for Britain. Europe is under the Nazi heel and the Russians are hard pressed. In the Mediterranean, Rommel and the Afrika Korps are causing havoc. Things look bleak. With no hope of starting a second front, the only way to strike directly at the Germans is with Bomber Command. Night after night, the bombers go out en masse to lay waste to the industrial heartland of the Ruhr.
Starting his second tour, Flight Lieutenant Alex Carter is thrust back into the maelstrom. Posted to 363 squadron, he finds a unit down on its luck with an aircraft that is just as likely to kill you as the Germans are. Given a new crew of sprogs to look after, Carter will need to watch them as much as the enemy if he is going to survive. Genre: Fiction > Mystery/Thriller
Murder in the Mountains by Alyssa Johnson (Mia and Arianna Mystery #1) Requirements: .ePUB reader, 607 KB Overview: For twenty-six-year-old Arianna Anderson, Presidents’ Day Weekend in her hometown is a pretty big deal. Her latest novel was just released, and is expected to hit the best-seller list. Even better, her best friend, Mia, is joining her in the charming mountain town for what’s sure to be a memorable few days.
The adventure begins as soon as the girls set foot on Adirondack soil. Mia meets a handsome Canadian ski instructor, and though she prefers to play the field, there’s something about Jacks she just can’t resist. They meet Arianna’s new neighbors, who prove to be both welcoming and kind, though the couple warns of recent break-ins among the cabins in Arianna’s secluded neighborhood. Unexpectedly, Arianna reconnects with her high school crush, and, despite the winter storm that descends upon the area, a romance begins to heat up between them.
As the weather worsens and the roads begin to close, the promising weekend takes an unwelcome turn for the worst. Someone seems to be following them, watching them from the woods, and knows their every move. Mia learns something about Arianna that she never would have guessed, and the confusing situation quickly becomes dangerous.
Unsure of what the weekend has in store, the girls wonder how – or if – they will be able to survive, or if, they could become the next victims of Murder in the Mountains. Genre: Fiction > Mystery/Thriller
Stalked in Paradise by Charley Marsh (Destination Death #1) Requirements: .ePUB reader, 342 KB Overview: Harriet Monroe needs to get away from her fiancé. Taking her dream job as Public Relations Director for the soon to open, exclusive Island Resort seems like the perfect answer to all of her problems.
Too bad things go horribly wrong when Harriet and her best friend find a dead body only hours after Harriet’s arrival on the island. To make matters worse, Harriet knows the dead body.
The resort’s security director, ex-murder cop Alex Hayes, can’t believe his bad luck. He left the city to get away from murder only to have one dumped in his lap only days before the resort opens. Worse luck, he’s attracted to his number one suspect. Genre: Fiction > Mystery/Thriller
The Girl Who Made Them Pay by Tikiri Herath (Red Heeled Rebels #2) Requirements: .ePUB reader, 677 KB Overview:Two girls are fleeing a fate worse than death….when one vanishes into thin air.
After a terrifying transatlantic flight, Asha and Katy land at Heathrow International. They believe they’re finally safe. The sinister men trying to enforce them into a life of cruel bondage are a continent away. But did they let their guard down too quickly? Within a few hours, Katy is abducted in broad daylight. In desperation, Asha slips out of the airport, eluding border agents, with one thin clue to her friend’s disappearance. Every step she takes embroils her deeper in the dark dangers that lurk in the back alleys of Europe. Who took Katy and will they let her live? Asha’s terrified of discovering the truth, but she’ll never back down. Not until she finds her friend. Dead or alive. And time is running out. Genre: Fiction > Mystery/Thriller
David Grant series by George B. Mair (#3,7-10) Requirements: .ePUB Reader, 1.2 MB Overview: George Brown Mair was born at Troon in Scotland in May, 1914 and was educated at Kilmarnock Academy and Glasgow University, where he qualified as a doctor. He visited most European countries, Asia from Japan to Turkey, South America, the West Indies, Canada, the United States, and parts of Africa. With his Dutch wife Trudie, he visited nearly all the Communist countries in Europe, during the course of which they were the first to photograph the interior of the Kremlin palaces and met many Soviet leaders. Genre: Fiction > Mystery/Thriller
3. Live, Love, and Cry What happened to make ‘the Pill’ a more terrifying threat to civilisation than the ‘bomb’?
No one who reads this book will ever forget how Grant, in the company of His Excellency the American Ambassador and the British Prime Minister, first watched life being created in a secret laboratory, or how they were faced with the possibility of world sterility if Penter 15 – the latest contraceptive fluid – ever found its way into hostile hands.
Men burned alive on a blazing Scottish moor, a military exercise gone wrong and the murder of two policemen lead Grant into high adventure and to a passionate entanglement with the ash blonde daughter of a famous scientist. Their final battle against SATAN – the Society for Activation of Terror, Anarchy and Nihilism – is a stupendous climax to a scientific development which could happen.
Grant’s latest assignment proved to be even more baffling and suicidal than those he undertook in Death’s Foot Forward or Miss Turquoise…
7. Goddesses Never Die Set in the Himalayas, this seventh David Grant thriller has all the narrative power and exotic colour for which George Mair has been acclaimed in five continents.
Hashish and LSD are the weapons chosen by the Mafia and Cosa Nostra to corrupt western society on a global scale and to promote a world take-over by permissive politicians assisted by hippies, beatniks and flower people. A remote Himalayan village controlled by a woman who was once a Living Goddess in Kathmandu’s Kumari Devi Temple becomes the headquarters for organised world revolt—and David Grant, on leave from his duties as NATO’s special intelligence agent, is drawn into one of the most dramatic episodes of his career.
A casual meeting with Harmony Dove—socialite, mystery woman and man-hunter—involves Grant in a fantastic battle of wits in which civilisation itself is at stake. He is now determined but what will fate decide? Will the world be once saved or is there more at play than first meets the eye?
8. Wreath of Camellias The eighth David Grant story is another colourful and breathtaking adventure in which NATO’s special agent has to pit his wits—and his courage—against a Chinese Intelligence network which covers the world. With Grant in his struggle is his girlfriend Krystelle, while among those ranged against him is his implacable enemy: Tania, the Girl from Peking.
Currency frauds leading to political blackmail and ultimately to murder sends Grant on a mission which races through Europe from Lisbon’s riverside bars to Amsterdam’s red-light district where the final duel is fought out through closed-circuit television. Will he finally be able to put an end to the Girl from Peking?
9. Crimson Jade David Grant’s ninth assignment is his most unusual to date.
He is a dinner guest in Buenos Aires when the past begins to catch up with his nymphomaniac hostess and with the other guests who are linked by freak coincidences of birth or friendship.
Aided by his sultry mistress, Krystelle, Grant becomes involved in a startling mystery which has its roots in a vendetta begun within the rubber plantations of the Amazon—and as events build up to a dramatic and tragic climax Grant faces death of the most violent kind.
As with all the David Grant stories, the author writes from personal knowledge and experience of the background. Perfect for fans of John Le Carré and Ian Fleming.
10. Paradise Spells Danger A new life for David Grant isn’t everything he expected…
George Mair shows his customary flair for excitement and colour. As a long chapter in David Grant’s life as NATO’s special agent ends with the brutal assassination of his political chiefs—his plans for vengeance are almost ruined when he inherits a great fortune and falls in love with a beautiful Siamese girl who is young enough to be his daughter.
The action moves from bedrooms in Siam to the underworld of Istanbul, where Grant faces his moment of truth inside the Topkapi Palace. This new start in his life might just be the end of it as well…
Dragon Head by James Houston Turner (Aleksandr Talanov Thriller #4) Requirements: .ePUB reader, 549 KB Overview: One and a half billion dollars vanishes out of a numbered account into a cyberspace maze. But the thief who stole it lies dead on the tracks of Hong Kong’s Mass Transit Railway, his access codes having perished with him.
If this were simply a matter of missing money, the United States would not be concerned. But a Hong Kong crime boss named Dragon Head wants the money to fund an army of hackers, one of whom has already penetrated America’s GPS network. The result: a midair collision that kills more than a thousand people.
With national security at stake, the Director of National Intelligence becomes very interested in the whereabouts of that money. He wants the funds to remain lost. But Dragon Head wants them found. And Colonel Aleksandr Talanov is caught in the middle.
Both sides think Talanov knows where the money is. But Talanov doesn’t have a clue. So both sides threaten to kill his closest friends unless he locates and surrenders the money. It’s an impossible situation when impossible is not an option, because whatever choice Talanov makes, someone will die. Genre: Fiction > Mystery/Thriller
Hawg Heaven Cozy Mysteries Box Set by Summer Prescott (#1-4) Requirements: .ePUB Reader, 587 KB Overview: If you love amateur sleuths and all the barbeque that you can eat…You’re going to love this deliciously mysterious boxed set! You’ll devour these delectable Cozy Mysteries, reading one after another, and will come running back for more heaping helpings! Genre: Fiction > Mystery/Thriller
1. BBQ, Bikers, and Murder One folded flag…and the man she vowed to spend her life with was gone. Could she survive as a single mom? Her husband was supposed to come back, but now Rossalyn must rebuild and raise their son alone. Leaving their old life behind, she takes 13-year old Ryan cross-country to the small town where she grew up. On the road trip home, she makes a discovery. An old building on Main Street catches her eye and sparks an idea. There’s just something about it. Rossie knew immediately that it would be a perfectly charming place for a business…but what kind? When Ryan brought home a library book on bacon, her course was set. She had to open a BBQ and bacon café, and call it Hawg Heaven. Her late husband would have loved it. Things are not quite as sweet as they seem in the small town, however. A body is found behind her new business, which spurs a string of unfortunate events that pushes Rossie to the edge. Who is the menacing biker that shows up at the oddest times? Why does the sheriff have a chip on his shoulder? Rossalyn never expected to become an amateur sleuth, but if she doesn’t figure out whodunit, the sheriff may try to pin the murder on her. Are she and Ryan next on the killer’s list? Will she figure out the clues in time?
2. Baby Back Murder Rossalyn Channing’s savory new bacon-heavy business in a small town is booming, and she, along with son Ryan, is settling in quite well, until one of her favorite television shows comes to town wanting to film nearby. Rossie directs them to a place that she knows and is dismayed when her location turns out to be tragic. Sinister character emerge on all sides, and Rossalyn fears for her life and Ryan’s safety. With the help of some unexpected friends, will she manage to solve the murder before it’s too late?
3. Nacho Usual Murder Rossalyn Channing’s world is rocked when a stalker gets up close and personal. She receives surprises visits and surprise bouquets from a would-be suitor who was recently released from jail. Things take a dramatic turn for the worse as she becomes the suspect in a local murder, and everything turns upside down when a close ally seems to suddenly be acting suspiciously. Will the events that occur be enough to drive the newcomer Rossalyn, and her son Ryan out of their small town? Or will Rossie figure out who’s been lurking in the shadows, before it’s too late?
4. Hawgs, Dogs, and Murder Rossie’s accountant confesses a possible connection to the untimely demise of her coworker, and Rossie fears that the woman’s life might be endanger. Meanwhile, the single mom wonders if she’s losing her mind, or if there really is a stranger lurking about.
College Town Cozy Mystery Boxed Set by Susan Harper (#1-4) Requirements: .ePUB Reader, 1.2 MB Overview: The College Town Cozy Mystery Boxed Set contains all four stories in the College Town Cozy Mystery series. If you enjoy cozy mysteries with interesting characters, it’s time to go back to school to solve some mysteries. Genre: Fiction > Mystery/Thriller
1. Crimes on Campus An institute of Higher Learning… or Heinous Crimes? Woodville is a small college town in the Smokey Mountains. When a murder shocks the community, long time friends Tori and Jordan must put their heads together and find a killer. Can they keep their beloved college focused on higher learning or will it be overcome by heinous crimes?
2. Character Assassination To be, or not to be… murdered. After a troublesome murder is solved at Woodville college, the campus tries to get back to normal with the annual theater production. When cast members start dying on stage, it becomes clear that nefarious deeds are not done at the small college. Can Tori and Jordan avoid a similar fate and catch another killer?
3. A Deadly Re-Enactment Some wounds will never heal. Tori and Jordan have traveled to Chattanooga to cover the re-enactment of a deadly battle from the Civil War. They soon learn that it can be deadly just re-enacting such a tragic battle. Can they figure out who is a real killer and who is just playing their part?
4. Death and the Dog Show A deadly day at the dog show. Tori is covering a big dog show and Jordan is along for the trip. When the winning dog goes missing and a prime suspect turns up dead, things get exciting. Can a series of crimes at the local vet help break the case open or is this going to be an unsolved case for the dogs?
Let Me In by Alison Keane Requirements: .ePUB reader, 374 KB Overview:The past is not what it seems…
Ellie Cartwright has always accepted her father’s version of events: her mother died in an accident when she was little. But now, prompted to dig deeper, Ellie wonders why there’s no record of the accident anywhere—and why does her father refuse to talk about what happened?
…and neither is the present
Ellie thought she was finally moving past the terrible events of last year. Her old friends may have turned their backs on her for good, but she has a supportive new friend and a promising new relationship.
Or does she?
Ellie wants to believe she’s being paranoid, but she can’t escape the feeling that everyone in her limited circle is hiding something. Worse, it seems like somebody out there hasn’t forgotten what happened and is determined to tear her new life apart. Who can she turn to for help when even those closest to her can’t be trusted? Genre: Fiction > Mystery/Thriller
Falling by Rebecca Swartz Requirements: .ePUB reader, 265kb Overview: Hitchhiking is dangerous. Picking up a hitchhiker even more so. Amy Squires knows this but as an ex-cop and private security consultant she feels safe enough to pick up a young woman thumbing a ride on a blistering hot day. A surprising attraction smolders between them, but they part company—until later that night when Kael Harding reappears outside Amy’s hotel room.
Never one to question her instincts, Amy welcomes what seems to be an uncomplicated one night stand. The morning brings another surprise—Kael is anything but a carefree young woman hitchhiking her way across the country.
While perfectly willing to stand up for victims and their rights, and known to push the limits, everything Amy believes about herself and justice is challenged by Kael—and exactly how far Kael is willing to go. How can a future possibly be considered when the risks are so high? Genre: Fiction > Mystery/Thriller > FF