The Notebook of Doom series by Troy Cummings (Books 1-8)
Requirements: ePUB Reader, 324.1MB
Overview: Troy Cummings has been writing and illustrating since he was a little kid. Among other things, he’s the creator of GIDDY-UP, DADDY!, the tale of a man mistaken for a horse, and THE NOTEBOOK OF DOOM, an early-reader chapter book series about a kid who moves to a town full of monsters.
Genre: Children | Fiction
1. Rise of the Balloon Goons (2013) – Monsters + Humor + Fun = THE NOTEBOOK OF DOOM!
This series is part of Scholastic’s early chapter book line called Branches, which is aimed at newly independent readers. With easy-to-read text, high-interest content, fast-paced plots, and illustrations on every page, these books will boost reading confidence and stamina. Branches books help readers grow!
Alexander has just moved to a new town where he is about to uncover all sorts of monsters! He finds an old notebook with the word "DOOM" inscribed on the front cover. The Notebook of Doom, which Alexander now holds, contains top secret information about monsters! In this first book, Alexander goes up against spooky balloon goons–unique and twisted arm-waving balloon guys! This book is full of humor, engaging black-and-white illlustrations, and of course . . . monsters!
2. Day of the Night Crawlers (2013) – In this second book in the series, Alexander and his new friend, Rip, try to learn more about the monster-filled notebook. They follow clues left by strange worms called night crawlers. It turns out new monsters are in town–giant fish monsters called tunnel fish–and even a fish-kabob monster! This humorous, action-packed book has fun black-and-white illustrations on every page.
3. Attack of the Shadow Smashers (2013) – In this third book in the series, Alexander goes up against shadow smashers. These monsters jump from shadow to shadow, causing problems all over town! Meanwhile, a member of Alexander’s Super Secret Monster Patrol (SSMP) may turn out to BE a monster!
4. Chomp of the Meat-Eating Vegetables (2014) – In this fourth book, Alexander is still on the look-out for monsters. Now he thinks they’re at school…. The lunch menu is NOT normal — instead of good-for-you meals, there’s ice cream and pie every day. His whole class is crying. And his friend Rip goes missing. Alexander must battle giant meat-eating vegetables before the whole town becomes veggie dinner!
5. Whack of the P-Rex (2014) – In this fifth book, Alexander stumbles into a VERY large footprint. And his friend Rip keeps finding candy in the street. What kind of monster leaves HUGE footprints behind? And where is all the candy coming from? Alexander, Rip, and Nikki must find out fast–before it’s too late!
6. Pop of the Bumpy Mummy (2014) – n this sixth book, Alexander’s class goes on a field trip to the history museum. The students have been learning about the legend of the bumpy mummy in class. But then Alexander thinks he sees the REAL bumpy mummy walking around! The famous Ruby Scorpion gets stolen from the museum, too! And what are those strange popping noises?! Alexander and his friends will have to work fast to stop Stermont’s latest monster!
7. Flurry of the Snombies (2015) – In this seventh book, it’s summertime in Stermont! Alexander, Rip, and Nikki are at summer camp up in the Gloamy Mountains. And it is REALLY hot! But suddenly, it starts snowing – and with the snow comes the snombies! Snombies are snow monsters that can build armies of themselves! Will the S.S.M.P. be able to stop their coolest monster yet?
8. Charge of the Lightning Bugs (2015) – In this 8th book, there’s trouble at Alexander’s brand-new school. Lights are flickering, students are getting zapped, and escalators are running at super-speeds! When the sky fills with green lightning, Alexander, Rip, and Nikki know monsters must be to blame. Can the S.S.M.P. turn out the lights on these shocking monsters?"