The Masks of Nyarlathotep and Companion by Larry DiTillio & Bret Kramer
Requirements: pdf reader, 64.8 MB
Overview: Masks of Nyarlathotep is a Lovecraftian exercise in horror and mystery. This Call of Cthulhu roleplaying classic is a series of linked adventures forming one long and unforgettable campaign. Horrifying deeds and dangerous sorcery dog those who dare attempt to unravel the fate of the Carlyle Expedition. Set in 1925, adventures begin in New York, then move overseas to England, Egypt, Kenya Colony, Shanghai, and western Australia. Such extended globetrotting requires wit and planning by the players. Their investigators must have steady finances, good language skills, and a willingness to persevere despite governmental interference and cultist harassment. Meanwhile the keeper must bring to life different exotic locales, recreate the sensibilities of other cultures, and balance non-player-character foes and friends to allow each investigator to earn his or her own destiny–ultimate triumph, perhaps, or perhaps madness and agonizing death.
The Companion gathers together tips and advice for Keepers wishing to run Masks of Nyarlathotep.Within these pages are detailed nearly every imaginable facet of the campaign, from starting play to ending things with a bang, explaining, exploring, and expanding the classic work.There is something for everyone, from novice game masters to Grognardian disciples of Cthulhu.
Genre: RPG Sourcebook, Horror, Supernatural
The Masks of Nyarlathotep Companion contains:
– A History of the Campaign
– Keeper’s Tips for organizing and running the campaign.
– Tips on how to introduce, use, and kill Jackson Elias.
– Guides to New York, London, Cairo, Kenya, Australia’s Pilbara Coast, Shanghai AND Hong Kong.
– Articles describing and expanding on all of the campaign’s tomes and artifacts.
– 4 new scenarios and numerous encounters that can be inserted into the campaign.
– Over two-dozen pre-generated characters plus tips on building better investigators.