Privacy Browser v3.7 [Paid]
Privacy Browser does not have tabbed browsing yet. This is a planned feature for the 3.x series.
Privacy Browser currently uses Android’s built-in WebView to render web pages. As such, it works best when the latest version of WebView is installed. In the 4.x series, Privacy Browser will switch to a forked version of Android’s WebView called Privacy WebView that will allow for advanced privacy features.
Warning: Due to limitations in the OS, Privacy Browser is susceptible to MITM (Man In The Middle) attacks when browsing insecure websites from devices running Android KitKat (version 4.4.x, API 19). More information about this issue is available at https://www.stoutner.com/kitkat-security-problems/.
• Tor Orbot proxy support.
• SSL certificate pinning.
• Full screen browsing mode.
• Night mode.
• Redesign file access to work with scoped storage and the Storage Access Framework. This allows the target API to be bumped to 30 and removes the need for the dangerous READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE and WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permissions. Unfortunately, due to a bug in Android’s WebView, this also temporarily removes the ability to save a web archive.
• Update About > Permissions.
• Improve the descriptiveness of the save URL snackbar.
• Add Metager to the list of search engines.
• Fix I2P detection.
This app has no advertisements