Sword Girl series by Frances Watts (Books 2-6)
Requirements: ePUB Reader, 9.7MB
Overview: Frances Watts was born in Switzerland and grew up in Australia. She has published 20 books for children, including picture books and books for younger readers, including Goodnight Mice!, the winner of the 2012 Prime Minister’s Award for Children’s Fiction, and 2008 Children’s Book Council of Australia award-winner Parsley Rabbit’s Book about Books. Her latest book, The Raven’s Wing, is her first novel for young adults. Frances lives in Sydney and divides her time between writing and editing.
Genre: Children | Fiction | Fantasy
2. The Poison Plot (2015) – While on an errand to the smith in the town, Tommy overhears a plot to poison Sir Walter during a banquet and make it look like the work of a neighbouring nobleman. Tommy must foil the plot or Flamant Castle will be at war.
Introducing a feisty new character for girls (and their parents and teachers) who love adventure and want an alternative to ‘pink’ books.
3. Tournament Trouble (2015) – Flamant Castle is having a tournament! But when one of the squires is injured during practice, Sir Benedict asks Tommy to take his place. He even offers her one of his own horses to ride. It’s a dream come true for Tommy. There’s just one problem: she has never ridden a horse before – and every time she tries to ride Bess, the horse throws her off! Time is running out… How will Tommy be able to compete?
4. The Siege Scare (2015) – When Sir Walter, Sir Benedict and the other knights go to nearby Roses Castle for a tournament, the enemy knights from Malice attack Flamant. The only hope of rescue lies in getting a message to Sir Benedict, a day’s ride away. But the castle is surrounded and there’s no way out! With the help of her friends, Tommy devises a daring plan. Can she save Flamant Castle before it’s too late?
5. The Terrible Trickster (2013) – A trickster is turning life at Flamant Castle upside down. Someone has put sneezing powder in the knights’ soup and itching powder in Sir Walter’s sheets and changed the salt for sugar in Mrs Moon’s kitchen. At first the tricks seem funny, but Sir Benedict is not amused. He thinks the trickster is Tommy – and unless the tricks stop, he will send her away from the castle! Can she find out who the real trickster is before she is banished forever?
6. Pigeon Problems (2013) – It’s Lady Beatrix’s birthday, and Sir Walter is planning a celebration at Flamant Castle. There will be games and competitions and a big surprise party. Everyone at the castle is excited … except the pigeon. But the pigeon is needed for a very special job – and when he goes missing, it looks like Sir Walter’s plans will be ruined. Can Tommy find her friend and save the celebrations?