The course offers a hands-on learning experience with an emphasis on practical activities.
The main objective of this course is to provide you with a basic understanding of computer network technologies and concepts. You will learn how to apply all these skills in real world situations.
Do you want to buy an IP Camera (home surveillance system)? Your Internet was down and you did not know what to do?
In addition, General Networking Training provides a learning pathway to the Cisco, Microsoft and Comptia certificates.
UPDATED to include 802.11ac – a real lab with an Asus router!
You will find a lot of interesting topics here: port forwarding, IP Cameras, NAS devices, dynamic dns, wireless…
High quality materials: videos and documents that will help you understand all topics. All designed by an experienced Network Security Engineer. The course emphasizes the practical application of skills needed to understand and troubleshoot a Small Office / Home Office network.
What are the requirements?
- Interest in learning the basics of this technology
- general knowledge of computers, Internet and MS Windows
- would be great if you had access to a test router
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 36 lectures and 6 hours of content!
- To provide insight into Networking
- Develop working knowledge of how networks operate
- Learn about security, wireless, troubleshooting
- Find out how to buy a good IP Camera and NAS Servers
- Learn how to fix your network
- Sort out wireless issues
- Hands-on labs and real world examples
- The course emphasizes the practical application of skills
- Designed to help you develop the career skills in networking
– Section 1: Computer networks and network devices
– Section 2: Setting up and troubleshooting a home network
– Section 3: Wireless
– Section 4: Introduction to Microsoft Servers
– Section 5: A real lab – 802.11ac Asus Router
– Section 6: Bonus Videos