Sorcerer King is a fantasy 4X strategy game from the makers of Galactic Civilizations and Fallen Enchantress. Build a civilization from the ground up that can face the unrelenting might of the malevolent Sorcerer King. Found new cities, craft items, learn spells, engage in amazing tactical combat and save the world.
- The game itself hates you – survive unscripted disasters and the wrath of the Sorcerer King while exploring the world and carving out your kingdom.
- There are no rivals to race, only a hostile world to tame and an evil overlord bent on destroying all life.
- Sophisticated “Dungeon Master” AI bases the events of the game and the Sorcerer King’s actions on the choices you make.
- Win the allegiances of independent minor factions before they abandon any hope of defying the Sorcerer King’s dark reign.
- Play one of six different sovereigns, each with their own unique skill tree, spellbooks and units.
- Extensive crafting system allows players to customize their units and seek out ever more powerful recipes to even the odds.
- Hundreds of quests deliver unique items, units, resources and unexpected narrative twists.
- Earn the loyalty of powerful champions and develop them into juggernauts capable of standing up to the Sorcerer King’s most powerful minions.
- Found new cities and build them up to gain access to new units, abilities, crafting recipes and more.
Sorcerer King is a new direction for 4X game design, pitting the player against a single overwhelmingly powerful enemy instead of a set of evenly matched factions racing for abstract victory conditions.
Think of the Sorcerer King as the evil mage who won the last traditional 4X game. He has already conquered the world. His enemies (including you) are scattered, their armies broken and cities torn down. His dark minions have free reign to terrorize the survivors everywhere except a few tiny outposts of civilization (like the one you start in) too insignificant to crush.
Our Dungeon Master AI exists solely to do terrible things to you. The Sorcerer King’s emissaries taunt you, trying to get a rise out of you to focus their master’s attention on your tiny-in-comparison kingdom. Horrible monsters wander in from the wilderness, tearing apart any vestigial civilization they find. Divisions of the Sorcerer King’s massive army, bored with a world that can no longer threaten them, come looking for something (well, really just murder) to do.
And yet, you have a wealth of tools to fight back, establish your kingdom despite the many threats it faces, and eventually make one final assault on the Sorcerer King’s dark fortress itself. A fully trained, equipped, and enchanted army powered by your magical skills and talented leadership is a terrifying force that even the Sorcerer King must respect.
- OS: Windows 8.1 / 7 SP1 / Vista SP2
- Processor: 2.2 GHz Dual Core Processor
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB DirectX 9.0c Compliant Video Card
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 5 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card